Tanner Roark Takes the Mound in Battle of the Beltways Makeup
By Pablo Roa
Jul 19, 2014; Washington, DC, USA; Washington Nationals starting pitcherTanner Roark
(57) throws during the first inning against the Milwaukee Brewers at Nationals Park. Mandatory Credit:Brad Mills
-USA TODAY Sports
After earning a series split against the Phillies Sunday afternoon, the Nationals look to win their third game in a row as they take on the Orioles tonight at Nationals Park. It’ll be just a one-game edition of the Battle of the Beltways this time around as tonight’s game is a makeup of the one that was rained out July 8.
More from Nationals News
- Washington Nationals Tuesday Q&A
- A Washington Nationals Christmas Wishlist
- Robots in Baseball? The Possibility of an Automated Ball/Strike System in the MLB
- Washington Nationals Re-Sign RHP Erasmo Ramirez
- Washington Nationals Sign RHP Trevor Williams
Tanner Roark (11-6, 2.74 ERA) gets the start for the Nationals as he looks to extend his personal win streak to five games. The right-hander has been lights-out all summer, going 8-2 with a 2.20 ERA in his last 10 starts. Roark has been so dominant of late that he hasn’t given up more than one earned run in any start since the Fourth of July.
The Orioles will counter with right-hander Kevin Gausman (5-3, 3.70 ERA), who gave up three runs over seven innings against the Angels his last time out.
Prior to tonight’s game, the Nationals are 60-49 on the season and lead the Braves by 3 1/2 games in the NL East. With the Braves idle tonight, Washington has a chance to widen the gap between the two clubs to a season-high of four games.
Here are the lineups for tonight’s game:
Baltimore Orioles @ Washington Nationals, 7:05 P.M. ET