After sweeping the Braves at Turner Field in the opening series, the Nationals now host the Braves for four games this week
Just like the end of spring training, inclement weather continued to follow the Washington Nationals this past weekend. The Nats’ series against the Miami Marlins was abbreviated to two games instead of three because of the brutally cold weather on Saturday. In the end, the Nats managed a split of the two games and are now 3-1 to begin the season.
More from District on Deck
- Latest DraftKings Sportsbook Promo Code in Maryland: Bet $5, Win $200 Guaranteed
- Nationals Claim Jeter Downs Off Waivers
- Washington Nationals Minor League Spotlight: Robert Hassell III
- Washington Nationals Tuesday Q&A
- 3 Free Agents the Nationals Should Gamble On
The Nats’ six game homestand will conclude this week when they host the Atlanta Braves for a four game series. These two teams met at Turner Field for the first two games of the year. The Nationals were able to win both games in the series, but the margin of victory in the two contests was no more than two runs.
As for the Braves, they are one of two teams that are winless in baseball (Minnesota Twins- 0-6). Against the Cardinals this weekend at Turner Field, they were outscored 31-13 and gave up a combined 24 runs in the final two games of the three game series.
More from Max Scherzer
- Washington Nationals: Don’t Hold Your Breathe On A Max Scherzer Reunion
- Washington Nationals: Max Scherzer Scratched From Game 6 Reminiscent Of 2019
- Washington Nationals: Max Scherzer and Trea Turner bring wealth of Postseason experience to Dodgers ahead of Postseason run
- Nationals: Max Scherzer comments have me rethinking my fandom
- Washington Nationals: How Did The Nats Do In The All-Star Game?
In addition to getting blown out in all three games vs. St. Louis, they will be without one of their prized offseason acquisitions for this series. Ender Inciarte, who was acquired in the Shelby Miller trade this winter, is now on the 15-day disabled list because of a strain in his left hamstring. They have called up one of their top outfield prospects, Mallex Smith, to replace his spot on the 25-man roster.
Before this series gets underway tonight, check out my breakdown of the four scheduled pitching matchups in this series:
Next: Tonight's Matchup