Joining Blake on this episode of the DoDCast is Fred Owens from Tomahawk Take. We look ahead to the Washington Nationals’ series against the Atlanta Braves.
On this episode Blake and Fred talk about:
More from District on Deck
- Latest DraftKings Sportsbook Promo Code in Maryland: Bet $5, Win $200 Guaranteed
- Nationals Claim Jeter Downs Off Waivers
- Washington Nationals Minor League Spotlight: Robert Hassell III
- Washington Nationals Tuesday Q&A
- 3 Free Agents the Nationals Should Gamble On
- The Braves flying out of the gate, MLB leaders in batting average and runs scored.
- Players to watch out for this series. Spoiler alert, Freddie Freeman is mentioned.
- We look at each of the match-ups individually, and make our predictions
- A recap of the Mets series. Trying not to hit the panic button.
- Finally, what trends are starting to emerge for the Washington Nationals so far.
A young team starting to make some waves in the early stages of the season, the Braves are flying high coming into the series. They took two out of three against the Colorado Rockies in Coors, which is no mean feat.
Ozzie Albies, Dansby Swanson and Preston Tucker are tearing the cover off the ball. Fred talks about these young stars maturing this season, surrounding the ever-dangerous Freddie Freeman with some support. And that’s before Ronald Acuna makes it to Atlanta.
With the Nationals slow out of the gate, they are going to need a huge effort in this series.
Want to hear more from our DoDCast? Check out some of our other episodes here:
Until then, the Nats will attempt to turn things around in a three-game set against Atlanta.